Transcontinental Inc. (TCL.A) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Transcontinental Inc. (Transcontinental) is a Canadain media company. It offers services related to marketing, printing, publishing, and media, which includes, direct marketing, paper printing, newspapers and book publishing, and online advertising respectively. Transcontinental provides flyers and catalogues in rich, interactive web content, which is user-friendly and brand-consistent across multiple channels. It also offers a broad array of distribution services, ranging from direct mail to door-to-door delivery, through Publisac in Quebec and Targeo in the rest of Canada. The company operates its business through two reportable segments, namely, Printing sector and Media sector. Geographically, the company operates in Canada and the US. Transcontinental is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
As part of the forward-looking environmental strategy, Transcontinental broadened its internal and external scope of its paper purchasing policy by stipulating, that certified or recycled papers be used for its printing and own publishing activities.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Transcontinental Inc. - Key Facts 6
Transcontinental Inc. - Key Employees 7
Transcontinental Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Transcontinental Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Transcontinental Inc. - History 10
Transcontinental Inc. - Company Statement 13
Transcontinental Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Transcontinental Inc. - Key Manufacturing Facilities 16
Section 2 - Company Analysis 17
Transcontinental Inc. - Business Description 17
Transcontinental Inc. - Corporate Strategy 18
Transcontinental Inc. - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Transcontinental Inc. - Strengths 19
Strength - Market Presence 19
Strength - Robust Service Portfolio 19
Transcontinental Inc. - Weaknesses 20
Weakness - Low Liquidity 20
Transcontinental Inc. - Opportunities 21
Opportunity - Expanding Entertainment & Media Industry 21
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 21
Opportunity - Inorganic Growth Initiatives : Acquisitions 21
Transcontinental Inc. - Threats 22
Threat - Competitive Environment 22
Threat - Piracy in Broadcasting Industry 22
Threat - Volatile Newsprint Market 22
Transcontinental Inc. - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Transcontinental Inc., Recent Deals Summary 29
Section 4 - Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List of Tables
Transcontinental Inc., Key Facts 6
Transcontinental Inc., Key Employees 7
Transcontinental Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Transcontinental Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Transcontinental Inc., History 10
Transcontinental Inc., Other Locations 14
Transcontinental Inc., Subsidiaries 15
Transcontinental Inc., Key Manufacturing Facilities 16
Transcontinental Inc., Key Competitors 23
Transcontinental Inc., Ratios based on current share price 24
Transcontinental Inc., Annual Ratios 25
Transcontinental Inc., Interim Ratios 27
Transcontinental Inc., Recent Deals Summary 29
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
List of Figures
Transcontinental Inc., Performance Chart (2009 - 2013) 26
Transcontinental Inc., Ratio Charts 28