Hillshire Brands Company (Hillshire Brands), formerly Sara Lee Corporation is a consumer packaged goods company. It undertakes manufacturing and marketing of consumer products worldwide. The company’s businesses include North American fresh bakery, North American retail, North American foodservice, International beverage, and International bakery. The product portfolio of the company includes meats, bakery products, beverage and household care and body care products. These products are sold under major brands, namely, Ball Park, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Gallo Salame, State Fair, Sara Lee, Bistro Collection, Chef Pierre, Rudy’s Farm, Briar Street, Bryan Foods and Kahn’s.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Hillshire Brands Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Hillshire Brands Company - Key Facts 4
Hillshire Brands Company - Key Employees 5
Hillshire Brands Company - Key Employee Biographies 6
Hillshire Brands Company - Major Products and Services 8
Hillshire Brands Company - History 9
Hillshire Brands Company - Company Statement 11
Hillshire Brands Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 - Company Analysis 13
Hillshire Brands Company - Business Description 13
Hillshire Brands Company - Corporate Strategy 14
Hillshire Brands Company - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Hillshire Brands Company - Strengths 15
Strength - Prodct and Brand Portfolio 15
Strength - Wide Business Operations 15
Hillshire Brands Company - Weaknesses 15
Weakness - Overdependence on Few Customers 15
Hillshire Brands Company - Opportunities 15
Opportunity - Business Transformation 15
Opportunity - Key Business Initiatvies 16
Hillshire Brands Company - Threats 16
Threat - Intense Competition 16
Threat - Government Regulations 16
Threat - Volatility in Prices of Raw Materials 16
Hillshire Brands Company - Key Competitors 17
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 18
Performance Chart 20
Financial Performance 20
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 22
Hillshire Brands Company, Recent Deals Summary 23
Section 4 - Appendix 24
Ratio Definitions 24
About GlobalData 28
Contact Us 28
List of Tables
Hillshire Brands Company, Key Facts 4
Hillshire Brands Company, Key Employees 5
Hillshire Brands Company, Key Employee Biographies 6
Hillshire Brands Company, Major Products and Services 8
Hillshire Brands Company, History 9
Hillshire Brands Company, Subsidiaries 12
Hillshire Brands Company, Key Competitors 17
Hillshire Brands Company, Ratios based on current share price 18
Hillshire Brands Company, Annual Ratios 18
Hillshire Brands Company, Interim Ratios 21
Hillshire Brands Company, Recent Deals Summary 23
Currency Codes 24
Capital Market Ratios 24
Equity Ratios 25
Profitability Ratios 25
Cost Ratios 26
Liquidity Ratios 26
Leverage Ratios 27
Efficiency Ratios 27
List of Figures
Hillshire Brands Company, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012) 20
Hillshire Brands Company, Ratio Charts 22